We at Timeoak Hotels & SPA are committed to protecting the information that you share with us, and explaining how we collect, process, and share that information online.
What types of Personal Information do we collect about our online visitors?
We receive and store certain types of information from you whenever you interact with our Sites to deliver the products you request from us, and help improve your overall shopping experience. For example, like many other websites, we drop “cookies” and store other web-based files on user devices to get certain types of information when your web browser accesses our Site.
Information You Provide. We generally collect only Personal Information you voluntarily provide to us. We don’t require you to give us Personal Information to access certain public areas of our Site. This is true unless you live in a country that defines Personal Information to include network identifiers like your Internet Protocol addresses. For some secure areas of our Site, however, we require you to provide Personal Information when you use specific features. For example, we collect Personal Information from you when you:
- Ask to register with us online
- Sign up for our Newsletter
- Participate in promotions or surveys
- Submit comments, reviews, or other user-generated content
- Connect or interact with us through social networks (e.g., Facebook, Twitter) or Live Chat
- Request customer or technical support
This Personal Information, for example, may include your:
- E-mail address
- Telephone or mobile number
- Payment information
If you can’t or choose not to provide us with the Personal Information we reasonably require, we may be unable to provide you with the information or services you have requested.
Device Information. Depending on the permissions you’ve granted and other factors, we may receive information about your location and your mobile device when you use our website, including a unique identifier for your device. We may use this information to provide you with location-based services, such as reservation updates, certain search results, and other personalized content. Examples of the device information we may collect includes:
- Attributes such as the operating system, hardware version, device settings, file and software names and types, battery and signal strength, and device identifiers.
- Device locations, including specific geographic locations
- Connection information such as the name of your mobile browser type, language and time zone, mobile phone number and IP address.
Most mobile devices allow you to turn off location services, and we encourage you to search for detailed instructions on how to do that.
Payment Information. If you reserve a room on our website, we will collect payment information from you, including your name, authentication code, and billing address. We will securely transmit this information consistent with payment industry rules to the appropriate payment facilitators. We may offer you the option to save information about the method and choice of payment on our website. If you save this payment information on our website, you will be able to add, delete, or modify that information at any time using your account settings.
Do we advertise online?
We advertise in a number of ways, including online through managed social media presences. To understand how our advertising campaigns are performing, we may collect certain information via our website through our advertising service providers. We or our vendors use several common online tracking tools to collect this information, such as browser and flash cookies, and other similar technologies. The information we collect includes IP addresses, the number of page visits, pages viewed via our website, search engine referrals, browsing activities over time and across other websites following your visit to one of our website or forms, and responses to advertisements and promotions on the website and social media where we advertise. We also use certain information to:
- Present tailored ads, including banner ads that appear as you log-in or off of your online accounts via our website;
- Identify new visitors to our website;
- Recognize returning visitors;
- Advertise on other websites and mobile web;
- Analyze the effectiveness of our advertisements;
- Better understand our audience, customers, or other website visitors; and
- Determine whether you might be interested in offers or services.